postfix refuses incoming email, saying account doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Martin Legris, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Martin Legris

Martin Legris New Member

Hi,
    I set up ISPConfig with this tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-centos-7-x86_64-nginx-dovecot-ispconfig-3-p2
    Most things are working correctly, except for :
    • Site Nginx Directives don't do anything, I had to manually edit the proper files in {..}/sites-available myself.
    • I cannot seem to receive email
    i configured logs to make them very verbose, and I can see the incoming mail go though cycles:
    • coming in from remote server (gmail)
    • passing through Client Host RESTRICTIONS
    • then Sender address RESTRICTIONS
    • Recipient address RESTRICTIONS
    • (again Recipient address RESTRICTIONS)
    • RECIPIENT MAPS
    and then it says that the destination ([email protected]) not found
    martin : not found
    @meto.solutions: not found
    and finally:
    mail_addr_find: [email protected] -> (not found)

then I'm not sure what happens. see the attached log file.

I checked the mysql query logs too. I can see that.

I don't understand what fails. I can use RoundCube mail to log into this account ([email protected]), I can send email out. I can see the records in the mysql tables. I can see the queries from postfix that actually finds the damn account. Why does it say the acount doesn't exist?

Thanks a million!!
    M

Attached Files:

2. Martin Legris

Martin Legris New Member

I think I found the problem, it is trying to relay to "local".
    Jan 17 13:18:13 meto postfix/local[7244]: A12442068A: to=<[email protected]>, relay=local, delay=0.06, delays=0.03/0.01/0/0.03, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user: "martin").

Ah, I found it. I had my hostname in "mydestination". I might have added that there myself. oops. works!! woohoo!