Postfix relay issues

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by chicken12, Oct 18, 2014.

1. chicken12

chicken12 New Member

Hi, I am in the process of replacing my nearly 5 year old server that has been running ISPconfig. The new server is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS running the latest ISPconfig 3. So far the build of the new server is going well and I have almost everything working besides a roundcube issue and a problem with postfix. A couple of my friends run their own servers on static IPs behind AT&T uverse service. The problem is AT&T does not allow outbound port 25 connections so they have been using my old server as a smarthost for their mail servers via the submission port. Things have been working fine but now I cannot get Postfix to allow then to relay on the new server. I added their IP addresses mynetworks and my smtpd_relay_restrictions looks right. I see a bunch of people in various forums having issues since postfix made changes but I cannot seem to find an answer. Can anyone please help point me in the right direction. I suspect its something simple but I have spent 3 hours looking for a solution and have not had any luck. Thanks!!

smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated defer_unauth_destination