Problem after update debian 9 to 10

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by muekno, Jan 31, 2021.

1. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Still "Server:hostname.somedomain.de (Debian Unknown) ISPConfig 3.1.13p1"
    but installed is Debian 10 and ISPConfig 3.2.2
    Rainer

2. muekno

found additional problem cannot access other tabs than domain under sites
    get message "Unknown column 'fastcgi_php_version' in 'field list'"
    phpversion in the sites tab shows default only

Rainer

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The field fastcgi_php_version does not exist in ISPConfig 3.2.x any more. I wonder why you seem to have some source code on your system that tries to access this field. Seems as if you somehow have a 3.2 database but not the 3.2 code installed, or you are using some third-party plugins or other custom code that is not compatible with ISPConfig 3.2.

4. muekno

No no third party code. I you see post above I wonder why ISPConfig shows unknown debian version and wrong ISPConfig version.
    What can i do to fix without totaly loosing my configuration. Its a VM so I can make a snapshot and the master server is uncritical so far as it only is master an primary dns but there is a secondary dns showing all correct. So makeing a snapshot and possible destroying the master ..
    Rainer

5. till

Did you rerun the update again already?

6. muekno

I think yes, did not remember exactly with all the problems on the weekend and all the update my about 10 servers and 2 at customers site.
    Shall I rerun?

7. till

Just one guess, how did you become root user on your system, did you use su command? The su command on Debian 10 works differently than on Debian 9 (see the first part of Debian 10 perfect server, where I explained that). On Debian 10, you must use:

su -

to become root, if you would just use 'su' without the '-', then the PATH variable would not be correct and this will lead to all kinds of errors.

And yes, please rerun the update on the master.

8. muekno

I login as root directly with public privat key, never su -
    I'am using ISPConfig since I think about 10 years and update it whenever a new version exist not at once but after one to two weeks, never had problems like this

9. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I guess that your ISPConfig update failed during some SQL statements and now your database scheme is not matching the current one from 3.2.2.
    Try making a mysqldump from the dbispconfig database (no data, only struct) and diff it against the ispconfig3.sql from the installer. You can then see which upd_00xx.sql from install/sql/incremental matches the differences.
    You could then reset the "dbversion" column in ther "server" table of the database to the version prior to the update in question and re run update (or apply the statements manually).

10. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

In addition please post the output from
    cat /etc/os-release
    and
    cat /etc/debian_version

11. muekno

root@admin:/tmp# cat /etc/debian_version
    root@admin:/tmp#
    While waiting I did a snaptshot and an ISPConfig update. The tabs under sites are working as usual now, Monitor still show false information but this uses normaly some time to update

Just refrehsed and version is correct now,
    will update other server again

12. muekno

Did update the other faulty servers again and after some time they show correct Debian and ISPConfig versions, everything seams fine now
    god for hell knows where the problem was.
    Thanks for your help
    Rainer