Problem installing ModX Revolution - Help

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by magnel, May 18, 2018.

1. magnel

magnel New Member

Installed clean system according to the instructions - www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/perfect-server-debian-9-stretch-apache-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-1/
    Created a client.
    Created a website (PHP-FPM).
    Created a DNS zone.
    Created database and user.
    Created an FTP user.
    Downloaded archive with the latest version of ModX Revolution 2.6.3, unzipped and uploaded via ftp to the folder " web " on the server. When clicking on the link domain.com/setup/ writes:
    "FATAL ERROR: MODX Setup cannot continue. Make sure your PHP session configuration is valid and working."
    As far as it became clear, modx revo need a folder "mod-tmp" to store cookies, but I can not add it via ftp, ssh, too.
    Just uploaded wordpress instead of modx, everything works fine, no problems with PHP session configuration.
    1. Question, how to solve this problem ?
    2. Can I make changes to the ISPConfig 3 site creation wizard to create not only the tmp folder but also the mod-tmp folder ?
    Where can I make these changes ?

2. ztk.me

ztk.me Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Make sure your configuration is valid ... https://docs.modx.com/revolution/2....ettings/system-settings/session_handler_class

try the database handler or check the code for the default handler for bugs or hard-coded stuff to be able to change the directory for instance.

Code:
    <?php session_start();
    $_SESSION['foo'][] = time();
    var_dump($_SESSION['foo']);

quick test.php, it should output more and more every visit, if sessions in general are working.

Did you use mod_php, fastcgi or php-fpm?

3. magnel

magnel New Member

1. The answer script: array(1) { [0]=> int(1526655908) }
    2. PHP-FPM

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

So PHP sessions are working fine, and wp would not have worked without working sessions anyway. ModX does not seem to use PHP sessions then.