Problem receiving mail on one domain

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by KenKnight, May 14, 2006.

1. KenKnight

KenKnight Member

Hi all,

I've created a server using the debian sarge HowTo. I've got two domains currently setup on this unit. I can send email from both domains, however, on one of the domains I can send fine, but I can only receive from certain outside email servers. The other one can receive fine from whomever.

I did a nslookup, and a dig mx and everything looks find regarding domains and ip addresses.

I looked at the virtusertable and everything looks right there. I went ahead and did the map function just to make sure.

The domain that is working properly is technologynut.com.
    The domain that is NOT working propery is helpconsulting.net

I looked through the mail.log and am not seeing any errors. It appears to be doing its job regarding blocking relaying from unknown addresses along with handling spam.

Any suggetions?

Thanks,
    Ken

2. KenKnight

KenKnight Member

Upate:

As it stands, it appears that only a few domains are unable to send email to my new domain and it appears that they all reside on the same physical server where my domain was previously located. I was able to login to the old server and saw that the emails were in my old mailboxes.

So I'll get the old hosting company to rectify that problem.

Thanks so much for the info on this site!!

Ken

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

It might take up to 72 hours until DNS changes propagate so you might have to wait a bit.