Problem receiving mail

Discussion in 'General' started by CorrosionX, Nov 15, 2005.

1. CorrosionX

CorrosionX New Member

Hi there

My isp finally unblocked my port 25 so I'm into setting up the mail server correctly.

My problem is that emails that should be received at [email protected] are delivered to [email protected] which is the catch-all address of my main domain (ptsgroup.ca). In fact any email sent to any of my non-main domain all get transfered to that address.

Someone on IRC #postfix told me to add @arconsultant.com to the end of each line of my virtusertable, but that seems unnecessary, lots of people use ISPconfig as is and have no problems.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance
    Dave

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. CorrosionX

CorrosionX New Member

Ok mydomain wasn't even in the main.cf file. I had myhostname though and it was www.ptsgroup.ca

If I understand correcly i have to change them to something else than ptsgroup.ca (i used www.ptsweb.ca, which is in my hosts file).

I tried changing a couple of things around but still all mail is delivered to the catch-all of ptsgroup.ca (which is our main domain)

4. CorrosionX

CorrosionX New Member

Ok I didn't succeed in not having the bug, but at least when I removed the catchall from my address all mail was being distributed nicely.

In case I want the catch-all for my main domain again , what should I do?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Use a domain for $mydomain in your main.cf that was not used by a website in ISPConfig. E.g. create a new subdomain like server1.maindomain.com and use this as $mydomain in your main.cf.