Problem related to How-to Pureftpd-mysql

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by chris_87, Dec 26, 2005.

1. chris_87

chris_87 New Member

I followed all the steps and most of them are ok, but I've got an error when I input a new virtual user in mysql.
    When I insert a new virtual user:
    INSERT INTO `ftpd` ( `User` , `status` , `Password` , `Uid` , `Gid` , `Dir` , `ULBandwidth` , `DLBandwidth` , `comment` , `ipaccess` , `QuotaSize` , `QuotaFiles` ) VALUES ( 'test' , '1' , MD5 ( 'testtest' ) , '2001' , '2001' , '/home/test' , '100' , '100' , '' , '*' , '50' , '0' ) ;

It appears on my screen
    ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '( 'testtest' ) , '2001' , '2001' , '/home/test' , '100' , '100'

Anyone would be able to help??

Thanks in advance

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Which MySQL version do you use?
    Have you tried to add the user with phpMyAdmin? Do you get the same error there?

3. chris_87

chris_87 New Member

The version is mysql-server-4.0.24-10 (I copy and paste from the how-to article), I also try add in phpmyadmin, but it also have error, the 'MD5' is in red, I look for pure-ftpd-mysql readme file, it saids it doesn't support mysql new version. Is it the case?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Looks as if your MySQL installation has problems with the MD5 function, but I don't know why... :confused:

5. VayderX

VayderX New Member

I had that problem too but removing the space in the command , MD5 ( 'testpw' ) to , MD5( 'testpw' ) , seemed to fix it..