problem with autoreply message format

Discussion in 'General' started by vistree, Oct 2, 2007.

1. vistree

vistree Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi forum,
    today I enabled the autoreponder for one of my custumers.
    Problem: in several clients (e.g. Outlook 2003) there are NO linebreaks shown. Other clients (e.g. web.de) show the correct format.
    I had a quick look inside the users .vacation.msg and every thing is displayed as in the mailuser-interface (no additional unix or windows linbreaks).

How can I format the text inside the mailuser-interface so that the linebreaks are used in all clients? Could I format it as html? Or could I insert some linebreaks (e.g. <br /> or \n)?
    Hope there is help because in the moment the received autoreply messages are near unreadable ....

Regards
    Kai

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The linebreaks you add in the interface are directly stored in the file, so if you add linebreaks, the text is stored the same in the file. At least in my 2.2.17 installtion.

3. vistree

vistree Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi Till,
    thanx for the fast reply.
    Yes, when I look inside the .vacation.msg every thing is stored as I wanted. But the autoreply messages are not displayed correct in all mail clients. Expecially Outlook seems to have problems with this plain text messages - and I don't know why :confused:
    As I already wrote: a lot of clients display the format correct - but expecially Outlook seems to have a problem with the linebreaks. As other messages are displayed OK I thought that there might be a problem with the autoreply format - mayby only with the header??
    Do you have expiriences with autoreply and Outlook?

Regards
    Kai