Problem with BIND and ISPConfigs's DNS Manager

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Nejko, Mar 22, 2006.

1. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I get the impression that you pretty much messed up your server by trying out everything you could find.
    Maybe a clean reinstall of the whole system would be the best. It's hard to see what's wrong on your system through the forum.

2. Nejko

Nejko New Member

Hmm, i wasn't doing anything, except the perfect install steps and ISPConfig install. But it was something wroong with bind all the time. Is there a chance to delete in and reinstall it, and how to do that...

Cya

3. falko

But you told me in another thread that made some manual modifications to named.conf and also that you used Webmin to create zone files...

4. Nejko

Nejko New Member

Yes, that's right, but all that is related to bind, ain't it? So someone can just send me default named.conf and problem solved? :D

5. falko

I think the problems are more serious. You really should reinstall...

6. Nejko

Nejko New Member

Why, only binf is the problem, everything ele works perfectly...I ould be hard for me to reinstall (again), becouse already couple ob forums is running on server...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  7. Nejko

Nejko New Member

Hmm, look:

and:
    [root@localhost named]# nano /var/named/pri.nero-server.com

I gues ISP COnfig does the job, but there are some zones missing in bind. How to create them?

cya

8. falko

Have a look at the existing zone files and take one of them as template for the ones that you must create.

9. Nejko

Nejko New Member

gmm, don't know how to do that... :S

10. falko

Let's say you have the zone file pri.example.com, and you need the zone file pri.nero-server.com. Simply do this:
    Code:
    cp pri.example.com pri.nero-server.com
    Then open pri.nero-server.com and change the values in it. That's it.

11. Nejko

Nejko New Member

so what do i do ith that:

Failed to start BIND : Starting named: Error in named configuration: zone 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa/IN: loading master file named.local: file not found _default/0.0.127.in-addr.arpa/IN: file not found zone 2.168.192.in-addr.arpa/IN: loading master file pri.2.168.192.in-addr.arpa: file not found _default/2.168.192.in-addr.arpa/IN: file not found zone nero-server.com/IN: loading master file pri.nero-server.com: file not found _default/nero-server.com/IN: file not found [SPODLETELO]

12. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The error means that the files with the reverse DNS Records (PTR-Records) for your IP addresses where missing.

13. Nejko

Nejko New Member

Yesm i got that, but how to make them?

14. falko

Have a look at another reverse zone file and create the missing ones after this model.

15. Nejko

Nejko New Member

I don't have any...

16. falko

Here's one:

Code:
    $TTL        86400
    @               IN      SOA     ns1.example.com. hostmaster.example.com. (
                                    2005072602       ; serial, todays date + todays serial #
                                    28800   ; Refresh
                                    7200    ; Retry
                                    604800  ; Expire
                                    86400)  ; Minimum TTL
                            NS      ns1.example.com.
                            NS      ns2.example.com.
    213       PTR     somedomain.com.

;;;; MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ;;;;

17. Nejko

Nejko New Member

tnx. where to put it and how to name it?

cya

18. falko

Put it into /var/named and name it 2.168.192.in-addr.arpa, for example. (You must create files for all zones that BIND is complaining about.)

19. Nejko

Nejko New Member

Failed to start BIND : Starting named: Error in named configuration: zone 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa/IN: loaded serial 1 zone 2.168.192.in-addr.arpa/IN: loading master file pri.2.168.192.in-addr.arpa: file not found _default/2.168.192.in-addr.arpa/IN: file not found zone test.nero-server.com/IN: loading master file pri.test.nero-server.com: file not found _default/test.nero-server.com/IN: file not found zone nero-server.com/IN: loaded serial 1143878135 zone resevalnagajbica.nero-server.com/IN: loaded serial 1143990894 [SPODLETELO]

:(

20. falko

As I said before: You must create files for all zones that BIND is complaining about.