Problem with BIND and ISPConfigs's DNS Manager

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Nejko, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Nejko

Nejko New Member

I wanted to tell that bind is still complaining about pri.2.168.192.in-addr.arpa, but i created it :(

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just one question, i know its a really long thread already.

Is there a special reason why you dont use just the ISPConfig DNS manager with the default config templates that come with ISPConfig? I installed it really often ind it always worked on all supported linux distributions without tweaking. ISPConfig creates all config files for SOA records and reverse records automatically for you.

3. Nejko

Nejko New Member

Look, i'd love to use it, but when i create something in it, bind goes down and gave me an error, like i posted on 4th page :S

edit:
    Hmm, so what do you suggest? To realy reinstall my Linux? :S Or can you take a quick look, if i give ypu root info?

Cya

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  4. Nejko

Nejko New Member

What now? No more suggestions? :(

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I really don't know anymore how to help you...

6. Nejko

Nejko New Member

If i upgrade to FC5, wil all the data bo still there? And will if fix all the problems?

cya

edit: is there a way, to disable dns manager to my costumers, so they won'z screw bind? :D

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  7. till

Normally yes. But I wont upgrade without a complete backup of the whole system :)

No.

8. falko

It won't fix your problems.

9. Nejko

Nejko New Member

Oh comeon, there most be a way to fix that :( damm :(

10. Nejko

Nejko New Member

Ok, one more try :) Can u help with that info?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the entries below //// MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! //// were made in Webmin and the're WORKING. So i want to fix the problem with ispconfig and bind, so zones from ispconfig will work too. Any ideas now?

HAND

11. awd.pt

awd.pt Member

12. Nejko

Nejko New Member

nope, still:

Failed to start BIND : Starting named: Error in named configuration: zone 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa/IN: loaded serial 1 zone 2.168.192.in-addr.arpa/IN: loading master file pri.2.168.192.in-addr.arpa: file not found _default/2.168.192.in-addr.arpa/IN: file not found zone test.nero-server.com/IN: loading master file pri.test.nero-server.com: file not found _default/test.nero-server.com/IN: file not found zone nero-server.com/IN: loaded serial 1143878135 zone resevalnagajbica.nero-server.com/IN: loaded serial 1143990894 zone gamesonline.nero-server.com/IN: loaded serial 1144173196 [SPODLETELO]

13. Nejko

Nejko New Member

Fallko, Till, does pictures at page 5 help at all?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  14. till

The images are partyl from webmin and partly from ISPConfig. As I already suggested, dont use both admin interfaces on the same server. ISPConfig has its own named template files that replaces the named conf from your linux distribution.

15. Nejko

Nejko New Member

I'm not using it now, i just wanted to show pics, if there's something wrong with configuration... SO plz... how to fix that :(

mybe ispconfig hasn't created it's own named.conf and replaced system's original?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  16. Nejko

Nejko New Member

[​IMG]

which is the right one to use in bind? :S

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  17. Nejko

Nejko New Member

Ok, just 1 more question. Will bo all ok with ispconfig, if i remove bind and bind-chroot and install all again?

18. falko

That's hard to say because I don't know what else you did on your system. Normally when you remove and reinstall a package, the configuration aren't changed.
    The safest way would be to do a complete reinstall of the OS following the appropriate "Perfect Setup" (please make sure you copy & paste the commands to avoid typos).

19. Nejko

Nejko New Member

Ok, if I reinstall, is it possible to import data in ISP Config fast? Like Import Backup function? So after backup, all users will get their sites with databases back?

Thanx!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  20. falko