problem with displaying website with ispconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by paulley, Jul 25, 2006.

1. paulley

paulley New Member

hi all

i have just installed ispconfig with the prefect setup fedora 4. But my problem is i have put the index.html file and also a image folder on to it and its saying it cant find the directory, i have put it in all the folder in the root and even the index.html but its not bring up the site and just displays the fedora test page on all sites. This does the same on all the 3 site i am hosting.

thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is your server in a NAT enviroment behind a router?
    Is the file Vhost_ispconfig.conf included at the end of your apache configuration file?

3. paulley

paulley New Member

yes but all the ports need are forwarded. yes the Vhost_ispconfig.conf is included at the bottom in the httpd.conf

4. till

Have you selected your internal IP for the websites and not your external?

5. paulley

paulley New Member

cool its working now but when connecting to the ftp site of any site it connects fine but when i enter my username and password it dont let me in and the login box comes up again even though it worked fine when the site wasnt appearing:confused:

also has every ip on the site configure and dns etc have to be the internal ip

thanks

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  6. till

Websites must use the internal IP, DNS must use the external IP.

To your FTP problem:

Did you connect from inside your lan or from outside?
    Is the ISPConfig WebFTP working?
    Have you checked the FTP checkbox in the website settings?

7. paulley

paulley New Member

well i have connected from inside the lan and outside the lan does the same thing. the webftp is working fine ,and the ftp access is selected on all sites

8. paulley

paulley New Member

dont worry i have sorted it thanks till i looked it the proftpd_ispconfig.conf and there was 2 virtual hosts one with the internal ip and one with the external ip , i deleted the internal ip one and restart proftpd and then tried it again and it logged me in. thanks for ya help :D :cool:

9. till

Please check your ISPConfig settings under Management > server > settings and remove your external IP there, if it is listed in the server settings.

10. paulley

paulley New Member

on the server setting i got the main ip has the external ip but when i change it to the internal ip its stop the ftp logging me in

11. till

What is in your proftpd_ispconfig.conf when you set the main IP to your internal IP? The main IP shall not be listed in the IP-list filed below on the same form again.

12. paulley

paulley New Member

its got:

DefaultAddresss 127.0.0.1
    <VirtualHost 192.168.1.101>
    DefaultRoot ~
    AllowOverwrite on
    Umask 002
    </VirtualHost>

and this wont let me login with any accounts but if i change the ip in the vh above to my external ip it loads quicker and lets me login with every accounts i got but as soon as i create another co domain etc its goes back to the internal ip as above.

13. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you don't need anonymous FTP, you can comment out the
    Code:
    Include /etc/proftpd_ispconfig.conf
    line in /etc/proftpd.conf and restart ProFTPd. That should solve your problem.