Problem with OS upgrade - ISPConfig 3.1.1p1

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by soho, Dec 7, 2016.

1. soho

soho Member

Hello guys.

I am currently using version 3.1.1p1 of ISPconfig based on Debian Jessie. I have a multi server installation where only the mail server has the following problem...With some frequency, accessed the panel in Monitor, this server presents the screen:
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]
    When I access the terminal and do the following:
    [​IMG]
    It then states that there is no update:
    [​IMG]

The only difference between this server and the DNS, WEB and BD servers is that I use the backports repository to install the Roundcube.
    [​IMG]
    Has anyone seen similar problem?

Best Regards,

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The update list view in ispconfig is not live, it get's updates once or twice a day as this requires to query the debian servers each time. so it might be that ispconfig shows pending packages for a few hours until the next status update interval when you installed the updates.

3. soho

soho Member

Hello Till.

Thank you for fast reply.

This update message, through Monitor, repeats itself several times since the installation 1 month ago. Always referring to the same packages, which are from the initial system update.

Whenever I access the terminal and run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade the result is the same as I mentioned.

If I run the OS update option through ISPConfig, the update status disappears, but nothing is updated.

Best regards,

4. till

Try to run a dist upgrade to see if there are packages kept back.

5. soho

soho Member

Already did that. No updates available. The problem repeats itself.

Best regards,

6. till

Does the following command shows any pending updates on master or slave server?

apt-get -s -qq dist-upgrade

7. soho

soho Member

In neither.
    in master:
    [​IMG]
    in mail server:
    [​IMG]

8. till

9. soho

soho Member

Ok Till I'll check. Thank you very much for your attention and as soon as I solve it I respond here with the solved state.

10. soho

soho Member

When I installed ISPConfig 3.1 I used private IPs, I migrated the mailboxes and sites of the old servers (ISPConfig 3.0.5) and left the master database the private and public IPs that I would change later. When I made the change of the IPs everything worked without problems, except this problem in the mail server.

In mail server, I downloaded ISPConfig 3.1.1p1 again (wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz), untar and applied the command:

Code:
    php -q update.sh
    and reconfigured the permissions on the master database when prompted.

Apparently the problem has been solved.

Best regards,