Problem with suphp

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by danf.1979, Mar 24, 2006.

1. danf.1979

danf.1979 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi:

I have installed and configured suphp. It is running flawlessly, BUT, I had to remove this line from the vhosts, because it gave me errors:
    Code:
    php_admin_flag safe_mode Off

I installed lib-apache-mod-suphp, but had to uninstall lib-apache-mod-php4 and php4. Also I had to remove the LoadModule php4_module from modules.conf.
    Then when restarting apache I got the following errors:
    First one:
    Syntax error on line 31 of /etc/apache/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf:
    Invalid command 'php_admin_flag', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Second one:
    Syntax error on line 31 of /etc/apache/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf:
    Invalid command 'safe_mode', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

I know ISPConfig is going to enter those config lines again, so what can I do to prevent this? Thank you for your time.

For anyone who wants to run suphp: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/84

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can change the function make_vhost in the file /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php

3. danf.1979

Thanks Till,
    Argh!! It is not working right. I tested it with system("id"); and it worked, but now my portal is a nice blank page... Any clue?? I was beginning to like this suphp mod :(:(:(

4. danf.1979

The problem was that php.ini was reset to default. As I uninstalled php4, a new php.ini (/etc/php4/cgi/php.ini) was created, so mysql.so was commented out. Thats why I got a blank page on the portal.