Problem with Webs.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by denmaus, Jul 6, 2006.

1. denmaus

denmaus New Member

Helo,

at the same time to my problems with postfix configuration i have some troubles with my webs.

I host some sites on my server and i just one of them opens correctly.
    By attempt to open other sites i get meessage "Shared IP".
    I upload files per ftp, but i don't get the content - just "Shared IP" Message.

someone knows what it can be?

2. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

You have to create an A-record for each domain name to the IP-address of your server. This is done in the DNS-records of your provider where you register your domains. It is recommended to create some CNAME-records too.

Probably you have done that, because after typing your full qualified domain name in your browser you see the shared IP site, but the system can not find the virtual host file for that site. The result is that you visit the shared-IP site.

The site you can visit indeed is probably equal to the domainname for your server.
    (the part within the hostname).

I think the reason that you can not visit the other sites is that there is something wrong with the domain name settings when you create a site in ISPConfig.
    This domainname must be equal to the CNAME in the DNS-record of your DNS-provider. Maybe you use the wrong hostname in ISPConfig. (www or not).

Another reason could be that something is wrong within your virtual host file.