Problem with wordpress installatinon on new server with Debian Lenny ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Grollaz, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Grollaz

Grollaz New Member

hello, I'm trying to install wordpress on my new server with debian lenny and ispconfig3, ch equando only go on the installation page I get the following message:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/clients/client0/web1/wp-config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client0/web1/web:/var/www/clients/client0/web1/tmp:/var/www/zeropuntozero.it/web:/srv/www/zeropuntozero.it/web:/usr/share/php5:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin) in /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/wp-load.php on line 32

What i can do?
    Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You copied the wordpress installation into the wrong directory. You have to copy it into the "web" directory of the webspace.

3. Grollaz

Grollaz New Member

Hi, but with my ftp i'm in web directory..

4. till

Witb FTP you are in the directory which is below the web directory. Read the error message again, your config.inc.php file is in /var/www/clients/client0/web1/wp-config.php but it has to be in /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/wp-config.php. With FTP you have access to several private directoreis like the logs directory, the users directory, the cgi-bin directrory and also the web directory which contains the website.

5. Grollaz

Grollaz New Member

I checked again and the route is from my own web filezilla, also attached a screenshot of the directory, something wrong in configuration?

Attached Files:

6. till

Do you have a file named wp-config.php inside the web directory? if not, it might be that you did not install wordpress yet. In that case, please take a look at the wordpress installation instructions as you have to create the wp-config.php file when you want to install wordpress.

7. Grollaz

Grollaz New Member

the error message still comes out before installing wordpress, wp-config.php file usually is created automatically by the installation of wordpress. I tried to go ahead with the installation, but got to the end can not create the file mentioned earlier

8. till

As described in the wordpress installation guide, you have to rename the wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php and edit the database credentials inside:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

Additionally, you might have selected a wrong PHP mode. To enable a cms system to write to the web folders, you have to use suphp or fcgi-php + suecxec or cgi-php + suexec.