problems adding co-domain

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by matej, May 14, 2006.

1. matej

matej New Member

I have few client which uses same "root" domain. When I try to add some domain to another client I've got error:

The name sub.domain.net is already in use by another site or domain.
    The Domain belongs to another client.

Is it possible to "turn off" this "feature" (editing some php source file?).

Thanks for help.

Matej

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

No, because you shouldn't have the same vhost more than once in your Apache configuration. I don't understand why you want to configure multiple web sites with the same domain/subdomain? Makes no sense at all to me...

3. matej

matej New Member

Probably I wasn't clear enough.
    I have one client, which has domain: www.mydomain.com

Now I have another client. I want to add site to this client. I want to use same "root domain" for example sub.mydomain.com. When I try this, I got error described above.

So I want to have "unique" vhost for each site, I just want to use same "root" domain (with diferent subdomain of course).

Regards.

Matej

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats exactly the way ISPConfig handles this. But if you use the same subdomain twice, you get the error shown above.

5. whitty

whitty New Member

did you look through all your trashbins (in isp managment) to make sure the sub domain wasnt't still in there? If you deleted a site/co-domain using that subdomain, but didn't empty the trash afterward, it will throw that error if you try to use it again. happened to me more than once :)