Problems after updating from 3.0.5.4p8

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by biforme, Jun 26, 2018.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

debug output now on slave?

2. biforme

biforme Member

Nothing. Ever the same.
    Code:
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh            

26.06.2018-13:00 - DEBUG - Calling function 'check_phpini_changes' from plugin 'webserver_plugin' raised by action 'server_plugins_loaded'.
    26.06.2018-13:00 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    finished.

How it's possible?
    I can connect to the master mysql but nothing change on this server.

3. till

is the server_id setting in the config.inc.php file correct and matches the server_id of this slave server as shown in the server list on the master?

4. biforme

biforme Member

The server_id in the config.inc.php file is 42. In the master DB I see 2 user ispcsrv42, one with ip and the other with hostname. I don't know where is the server list with id, sorry Till.

5. till

I guess you can see the ID in the dbispconfig database only, table 'server'.

6. biforme

biforme Member

Ok, yes, is the same, 42.

7. till

Ok, then ist get's a bit more complicated.

1) note down the value (number) that is in the 'updated' column of the server table for server 42.
    2) Now login from slave to master server with mysql command by using the ispcsrv42 user and issue this command:

SELECT * FROM sys_datalog WHERE datalog_id > UPDATED AND (server_id = 42 OR server_id = 0) ORDER BY datalog_id LIMIT 0,1000

replace the word UPDATED in the above query with the number that you noted from updated column.

This is the process and query that ISPConfig uses to get the pending updates from master. Basically, the server asks for all records from sys_datalog for his own server_id where the datalog_id is > the value of the updated column and in the updated column ispconfig stores the datalog_id of the last processed change.

And please check if the value of the updated column for server 42 is the same in the server table of the dbispconfig database on the master and on the slave.

8. biforme

biforme Member

Thanks for the explanation.
    In the slave DB the table is empty, while in the master there are many results.
    I attach them, dump from phpmyadmin.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2018
  9. till

Please do not submit a dump of the datalog, I deleted your attachment. The datalog contains sensitive data from your server incl. hashed passwords etc.

the sys_datalog in the slave db must be empty. The question is if the updated column in master and slave is the same. and it seems as if you used phpmyadmin to get the data, is the phpmyadmin installed on the slave and you connected to the master with it with ispcsrv42 user? if not, then the result does not say much as it matters how and from where you access the database and execute that query.

10. biforme

biforme Member

Sorry Till, I didn't know there were any sensitive data, thank you.
    The dump I sent was executed by the master.
    I performed the same operation from the slave with the ispcsrv42 account via pma and the result looks the same.

The value of the column update in master and slave isn't the same.
    The slave is 9431
    The master 9294

11. till

Ok, so this part is fine.

This is probably the reason for the issue. Try to set the value of the updated column on the slave to 9294. Then run the server.sh script on the slave, it should process all changes then. When this is done, compare the value of the updated column on master and slave again, the should both have the same value and the value should be 9431 or even higher.

12. biforme

biforme Member

Till, thanks for your patience, a lot of patience! ;-)
    I am very grateful to you, now it works perfectly!
    If it happens again I know how to move!