Problems getting through the installation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by klausagnoletti, Sep 25, 2005.

1. klausagnoletti

klausagnoletti New Member

Hello,

I have problems installing ISPConfig on Mandriva 10.2.

I went through the installation guides and installed the prerequisites without problems, and went on to install ISPConfig.

Everything goes well until the end of the installation where it asks for hostnames and IPs

Preparing files. Please wait a moment...
    All prerequisites are fulfilled.
    Here we go...
    Please enter your MySQL server:localhost
    Please enter your MySQL user:ispconfig
    Please enter your MySQL password:
    OK
    Please enter a name for the ISPConfig database (e.g. db_ispconfig):ispconfig
    Please enter the IP address of the ISPConfig web (e.g. 192.168.0.1):192.168.1.15
    ERROR: The IP address you provided is not reachable! The installation routine stops here!

I tried typing different things in here, localhost, 192.168.1.15 (the host is behind NAT).

What can be wrong ?

The install log says :

søn sep 25 17:14:35 CEST 2005 - [ISPConfig] - ERROR: The IP address you provided is not reachable! The installation
    routine stops here!

Any ideas are appreciated :)

/Klaus

2. dranieri

dranieri New Member

Re:

Did you try putting in the default gateway address 192.168.1.whatever?

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The installer pings the URL/IP address to verify that it exists. If you have a firewall that blocks pings then the installation stops. Make sure your firewall allows pings.

4. klausagnoletti

klausagnoletti New Member

I think I found the problem.. shorewall seems to be installed default on Mandriva and blocking traffic.. sucks :p

Thanks for the reply.

/Klaus

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

That's why I chose Standard as security level in the Mandriva howto... :p
    Then shorewall doesn't run.