Problems Installing second server in ispconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by IM NetworkSolutions, Mar 30, 2015.

1. IM NetworkSolutions

IM NetworkSolutions New Member

I have tried to add a second server to an existing and working server, the problems I face is this:

Due to that I do not find a guide describing multi server setup when using nginx i tried to modify the guide slightly and ended up missing to install postfix. both server will have everything installed accept that the second server will not have a ispconfig web-interface.

When installing ISPconfig on the second server I succesfully added it to master server but everything halted when postfix was missing.
    I installed required software to my debian server and restarted the install process again but this time everything halted due to that:
    " - database already have some fields already"
    When going to my ispconfig panel on the master server I can see the the newly added server but I am not sure it was added correctly.

What I need to know is how do I revert the previous setup and start all over without the second server removing the fields added on the master database?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Run the ispconfig uninstall.php script on the slave, then delete the second server record on the master, then reinstall ispconfig on the slave.

3. IM NetworkSolutions

how do I remove the tables added by the second server?
    What else is needed to be removed before I can add the server again?

4. till

Run the ispconfig uninstall.php script on the slave.

Delete the second server record in ISPConfig on the master.

5. IM NetworkSolutions

My problem is that by having the problem before I have not installed anything and by using uninstall.php it just tells me that the file is unknown.
    My problem is that I tries to reinstall ispconfig again and when going the expert road I come to the step:
    Code:
    MySQL master server database name [dbispconfig]:
    I get this error code:
    Code:
    ERROR: Stopped: Database already contains some tables.
    and it exits the installation process...
    What can I do to correct it?
    The master server is a working server with websites already installed and they are live so wiping that one is out of the question..
    What exactly do I need to remove on the master database server to complete the installation?
    (Or do I have to add something else then bdispconfig in that field?)

6. till

Delete the dbispconfig database manually e.g. with phpmyadmin on the slave server.