Problems logging into ispconfig

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Tomislav Aurednik, Feb 28, 2019.

1. The problems started long ago, but now they are really escalated... more and more clients calling that they cannot log into ispconfig. Client can login only after
    - clearing cookies or
    - clearing history or
    - start browser window in private/incognito mode or
    - login in browser not used at all (IE for example)

I had same problems for quite some time in Chrome, but when switched to Firefox problems disappeared. But that's just me, other clients have same problems in Firefox too. What would be a permanent solution to this issue ?

Best regards

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The actual question is why you have such an issue at all, I never encountered that problem on an ISPConfig server, so the problem is most likey something that is specific to your server installation. Did you modify something in the ispconfig vhost or does your setup differ from what's described in the perfect server guides? Did you try to run a repair on the ispconfig database with phpmyadmin, maybe the session table is damaged?

3. Hi
    The only thing modified in vhost is path to certificate, nothing else. Also checked database health, no problems detected.
    One record in sys_sessions (mine), updated as expected.
    Search goes on...

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hmm, really strange. Do you hide the ispconfig login behind a proxy or similar system?

5. Once in a while, I have the same issue on the 8080/login page. Clicking "Login" won't do anything but reload the page. Restarting my personal system (I usually have it running for weeks without a reboot - who says only Linux can do that? :p) always solves the problem and it only happens every few months. No proxy or anything, just a default installation.
    ctrl+F5 didn't change anything for me, neither did browser restarts.

Usually I stay logged in, ISPC doesn't log me off. Then the issue appears and I have a login screen again, which doesn't let me login.

I guess that might be a browser/cookie/cache issue, but what do I know. :D