Problems with pure-ftpd

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by icecub, Nov 13, 2016.

1. icecub

icecub New Member

I've recently (less than a week ago) installed the latest version of Ubuntu with ISPConfig following this guide to the letter:

https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...l-pureftpd-bind-postfix-doveot-and-ispconfig/

Everything seemed to have worked, except a minor issue at the end which made the server.url:8080 not working. A simple directive in the Apache configuration solved this easily and everything seemed to work fine. Except for adding FTP users. They are added perfectly fine by ISPConfig. They're just not added by Pure-ftpd.

I can login to FTP through both TLS and pure FTP just fine with the default user of my Ubuntu server. Although it lists my home directory instead of /var/www/. But when I add a user with ISPConfig, I can't login with it. When I manually check with the command pure-pw usermod <user> (which should list all the "pure ftp" users) I get a Unable to open the passwd file: No such file or directory / Unable to fetch info about user [icecub] in file [/etc/pure-ftpd/pureftpd.passwd]

I've double checked if the settings in /etc/default/pure-ftpd-common are correct, namely:

[...]
    STANDALONE_OR_INETD=standalone
    [...]
    VIRTUALCHROOT=true
    [...]

And they are. So I'm really at a loss of what's going on here.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

pure-ftpd users in ispconfig are virtual users, they exist in the ispconfig database only and pure-ftpd reads them directly from there. My guess is that either the pure-ftpd mysql config file is missing or it can't connect to the mysql database with the login details from that file. The config is in /etc/pure-ftpd/db/mysql.conf