Problems with SuSue 13.2 and ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p5

Discussion in 'General' started by muekno, Nov 20, 2014.

1. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Did a complete new Installation with openSuSe 13.2 following Tutorial http://www.howtoforge.com/opensuse-13.2-minimal-server and afterwards
    http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfe...ith-apache2-mysql-php-postfix-and-ispconfig-3
    All went fine and was working till installation of ISPConfig p5
    After Installing ISPConfig got
    writing RSA key
    Configuring DBServer
    Installing ISPConfig crontab
    no crontab for root
    Job for apache2.service failed. See "systemctl status apache2.service" and "journalctl -xn" for details.
    Installation completed.

Checking the error
    xweb:/tmp/ispconfig3_install/install # service apache2 status
    apache2.service - The Apache Webserver
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service; enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2014-11-20 12:26:14 CET; 52s ago
    Process: 6123 ExecStop=/usr/sbin/start_apache2 -D SYSTEMD -DFOREGROUND -k graceful-stop (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Process: 6106 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/start_apache2 -D SYSTEMD -DFOREGROUND -k start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Main PID: 6106 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6106]: Module "socache_shmcba2enmod" is not installed, ignoring.
    Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6106]: Check the APACHE_MODULES setting in /etc/sysconfig/apache2.
    Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6106]: [Thu Nov 20 12:26:14.562070 2014] [so:warn] [pid 6106] AH01574: module fastcgi_module is already loaded, skipping
    Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6106]: AH00526: Syntax error on line 29 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-apps.vhost:
    Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6106]: Invalid command 'SuexecUserGroup', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
    Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6123]: Module "socache_shmcba2enmod" is not installed, ignoring.
    Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6123]: Check the APACHE_MODULES setting in /etc/sysconfig/apache2.
    Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6123]: [Thu Nov 20 12:26:14.968612 2014] [so:warn] [pid 6123] AH01574: module fastcgi_module is already loaded, skipping
    Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6123]: AH00526: Syntax error on line 29 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-apps.vhost:
    Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6123]: Invalid command 'SuexecUserGroup', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Working since over a year with ISPCONFIG 3.0.5.4 and openSuSE 12.3, beeing very happy as all runs fine, I try to go to new 13.1 oder 13.2 and new p4 oder p5 as 12.3 runs out of support soon I fall from one problem to the other. Is it ISPConfig or openSuSe or both or the Tutorials. I bougth the ISPConfig Manual which is long but goes not deep enough where it is interrresting and is not on the latest relase. Otherwise it is on Ubuntu and Debian only. So by the differences of the Linux distributions it is not easy to do a multiserver setup by merging the documentation.

Sincerely yours

Rainer

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The distribution SuSue 13.2 is not supported yet. A distribution is supported when a perfect server tutorial exists for it. Using a older perfect server guide for a newer distribution version will fail in almost all cases as the tutorial has to be adapted for the changed, therefor we release new tutorials for new Linux releases.

OpenSuSE is mainly a desktop distribution, it is not longtime stable on servers as it tries also to introduce latest technologies while breaking downward compatibility. So we have to adapt ispconfig for each suse release as suse is permam´nently changing almos every aspect of their distribution. If you seek a longtime stable server, then better use Debian or Ubuntu LTS. For that reason, we do not provide multiserver guides for OpenSUSE as the users will just be unhappy if their server breaks all the time due to opensuse's lack of keeping their setup compatible for more then a few months.

We are working on a opensuse perfect server, but as usual, we have to change ispconfig to make it compatible again as opensuse changed their setup and config files.

3. muekno

Hello Till,

thank you for your detailed answer. I changed to 13.2 as I had problems with ISPConfig and 13.1 and for 13.2 there was a turorial with a minimum setup, writing it is base for ISPConfig. It is right SuSe is sometime a little different from other distributions, but I am working with SuSe Linux since the 90th, and on production machines, mostly servers some workstations, since at least 15 years. I found is always very reliable and handsome. I like Yast and the rpm mechanisme. As a former Novell Partner I support some customers with the support SLES Versions too.

I have no problem going back to 13.1 and/or an earlier ISPConfig version, which is a real great tool. I have a problem to stay on 12.3 as the support runs out of support. I need a solution for at least he next half year.
    Can you give me a hint which combination of SuSe and ISPConfig I should use.
    I also think I can solve the problems reported above and I try and will report.

Rainer

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Sles and opensuse are a bit different in my opinion, sles is much more conservative like rhel while opensuse is more like fedora, the new technology testbed from suse.

The 13.1 setup worked with the ispconfig release that was available at that time, otherwise we would not have published that guide.

I'am working already on the 13.2 guide and it will be probably finished next week. But it requires changes in ispconfig to make it work again with opensuse 13.2.

5. muekno

Hey Till,

you are right in comparison between redhat and sles as betwen fedora and suse. On the other hand I think it's not bad to build on a distribution where ther s a professional distribution like redhat or sles behind.
    If ISPConfig support for 13.2 is in a a 2 to 4 week time frame, thats enough for me. EOL of 12.3 is Jan 4th 2015, so I can live with that till end of Jan 2015.

Please inform me, if there is something new. I can beta test new version too.

Thanks

Rainer

6. muekno

Error
    Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6106]: Module "socache_shmcba2enmod" is not installed, ignoring.
    Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6106]: Check the APACHE_MODULES setting in /etc/sysconfig/apache2.
    Nov 20 12:26:14 xweb start_apache2[6106]: [Thu Nov 20 12:26:14.562070 2014] [so:warn] [pid 6106] AH01574: module fastcgi_module is already loaded, skipping

ist no problem was my fault, typo