Proceedures

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by badben, Dec 1, 2005.

1. badben

badben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I am new to this sort of thing am am not sure where to start.

I am currently running ispconfig on a server which is not reallyt being used other than for my testing so far. There are no live clients on.

I am trying to develop a script installer which so far is going well.

Once I have created the pages to insert into ISPConfig what do I do from there?

I do not have much knowledge of Linux as only used it for the first time about five weeks ago.

Also where are the main language files, ie the one used by the tools page.

I couldn't seem to find them. I did struggle a little last night as I chose French instead of German at school and failed badly at that.

I have basically self taught myself php and html through books etc over the last 8 months and have no qualifications etc in computing or programming.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The language files for "Tools" are in the directory /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/lib/lang.

3. badben

My bad. Thanks

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I recommend to download the latest sources via SVN. A nice SVN client for windows is tortoisesvn. http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

Personally i develop under windows and test the files on a linux server.

This means, change the files in your local SVN and then copy them with e.g. scp to your server and test them there.

5. badben

Sorry for the delayed reply but I have been away for a while.

Am I missing something but tortoisesvn doesn't have a simple installer for windows does it?

The build instructions looked quite involved.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer