procmail can't write

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbound, Jan 13, 2008.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You use the wrong command:

postconf -d displays the defaults, the defaults are not changed of course. The value that is actually in use by the postfix can be displayed with:

postconf -n

2. dron

dron New Member

well, ok, I am realy stupid ;) thanx once more!

3. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

the same here.

4. fycserv

fycserv New Member

Hi Fako,

I have had a problem similar to the one exposed in this thread. I used to receive rejected messages like this:

"/var/spool/mail/web1_fyc" procmail: Quota exceeded while writing
    "/var/www/web1/Maildir/tmp/1244119843.17134_2.server1..."

I followed Till´s suggestions by increasing the qouta of the user. This strategy worked but not for so long. Rapidly the system reported me that my qouta was reached again. I can´t keep going up in the size of the qouta. I don´t understand why the qouta is being reached if I used to clean my mailbox every 5 minutes and I have not used this user to put information in the site.

Can you tell me how can I clean up the disk usage of the user ?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You might have to clean up the logs directory - maybe there are lots of big (and old) log files in there.

6. fycserv

fycserv New Member

Ok, thanks.

Can you tell me which of the log files should I attack. There are many. Sorry, I still do not know much about the structure of ispconfig.

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can delete all the old access logs (i.e., from the previous months).

8. fycserv

fycserv New Member

OK, this is how to solve it.

Be aware that this is true for an ispconfig working under Fedora 5 - 7. Maybe what i´m going to write works over other operating systems but then, it will be just a lucky coincidence.

Falko had reason, the log was full of information but the info wasn't so old. In the path var/www/webX/log there is a file called error.log. This receives all the error-warning notifications of my web page. As the directive display_errors of your php under ispconfig goes to off, your site won´t show any error-warning if it exists, but the log will be registering them. Here, I must make clear that your web pages may run even when warnings rise up. As this log affects your administrator qouta, while having more visitors, you will reach the qouta faster. Once you are on your limit, you may stop receiving emails if you configured your site to do so.

So what to do ? just go to the path i mentioned in the first paragraph, clean up de log and it will be all. I deleted the error.log file with rm command and I recreated it. The system is working now. Of course I will reach my quota again if i don't fix the code of my page but this will give me a time while I put hands on.

to see the errors - warnings of you page, use the ini_set('display_errors',1); directive. If you are having this problems, you will see on your page the same messages that populate you error.log file.

Thanks a lot to Falko and Till, as usual, excellent support !!!