Procmail with ISP users and system users

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by MvincM, Apr 19, 2006.

1. MvincM

MvincM New Member

Hi,

Hmmm... I have some problem... maybe some could help me.

Procmail works fine for users added from ISP but users added by hand (system users) can't use procmail.

Postfix directly deliver mail do maildiir. In case of ISP user postfix looks for .procmailrc and run it.

Where can I tune my postfix to use procmail for both users type.

Any idea what is wrong?

Best regards,
    MvincM

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have a look in one of the home directories that ISPConfig created for the mail users. There is a .forward file, that invoces procmail.

3. MvincM

MvincM New Member

Yeee... That's it.

Thanks a lot.

I have in homedir .procmailrc .spamassassin.rc .user_prefs .antivirus.rc but not a .forward ;)

Thanks,
    MvincM

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Instead of using .forward files, you can also do this:
    Code:
    postconf -e 'mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail'
    /etc/init.d/postfix restart

5. MvincM

MvincM New Member

;) more nicely and faster (one step less)

but is it secure for ISP at normal work. Maybe there are some dependencies for useing .forward with ISP?

Thanks,
    MM

6. falko

It should work without problems. :)

7. MvincM

MvincM New Member

Thanks.

Maybe it isn't good thread to ask but... ;)

Is it normal for Apache2 configured by ISP to throws so many warnings about "precedence" and "NameVirtualHost". I know thats warnings very good from "normal" Apache 1.3 (and it is better to avoid them ;) ).

I'm talking about:

[warn] VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 overlaps with VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive
    [Wed Apr 19 21:55:10 2006] [warn] VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 overlaps with VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive
    [Wed Apr 19 21:55:10 2006] [warn] VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 overlaps with VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive

Hmm?? Looks no so good - but WORKS fine!

Best regards,
    MvincM

8. falko

It's just a warning, it doesn't stop Apache from working. You should check if you have VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 twice in your Apache configuration, or if you include the configuration file where this is in twice in your main Apache configuration.

9. MvincM

MvincM New Member

;) No warnings now.

I have repeted ISP setup some times and every round setup add "Include" to apache2.conf. In this case warnings were ok.

Thanks a lot !
    MvincM