Public/private DNS server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jas_esp, Feb 25, 2008.

1. pakogah

pakogah New Member

ok I confirm that tollan hack, it's working properly..
    now that 3 people confimed. So can we brought this issue to ispconfig developer :)

now, new version ispconfig 2.2.24 availabe, if I am upgrade my ispconfig, will it replace these 3 files?

Code:
    ispconfig_bind.lib.php  
    named.conf.master  
    vhost.conf.master
    if so, anyway to prevent it ?
    ________
    Dc marijuana dispensaries

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes.

Put your customized templates in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/customized_templates, and they won't be overwritten.

Regarding ispconfig_bind.lib.php, you can either replace it with your own version after the update, or you compare both files line by line and make the necessary changes.

3. pakogah

pakogah New Member

ok that a good news!!
    but is there a chance for ispconfig provide public/private dns server by default..
    the code is now available...
    ________
    Om612 Engine

4. pakogah

pakogah New Member

tollan, new version has came out, are still able using the old configuration files?

AFAIK, the new vhost.conf.master has been added with/o trace/track request method. where to add those on the hacked version ? ;)
    ________
    Burgman

5. pakogah

pakogah New Member

tollan, are you able to use this hack with ispconfig ver 2.2.24??? I got problem, that this hack didn't erase the below tag
    it still have the BEGIN and END DYNAMIC BLOCK <!-- --> which cause named failed to restart :(
    plus it only create only one internal zone rather than all primary external zones I had, I have 4 domains/zones and all has external primary zones created properly but only 1 zone has internal zone

hint/help needed.. please
    thanks before

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  6. pakogah

pakogah New Member

dl7und, this problem occurs to me now...
    what should I do, I have done everything tollan said...

7. pakogah

pakogah New Member

ok case closed,
    it's my fault not reading the howto correctly, and I miss some tag :D:D
    it's works properly now
    ________
    DODGE ST. REGIS

8. commentator

commentator Member

would be nice if it is available by default so we don't need to hack te code every time :)

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This patch can not be integrated as default because you will have to manually change IP addresses in vhost.conf.master and it will not work if you have more then one internal IP addresses. Aditionally, if you dont have a split network, it will mess up your system.

10. pakogah

pakogah New Member

I see.. uhmm.. that's too bad. I was hoping ISPconfig would be my last resort, since almost web control panel I found (commercial/free/open source) are unable to do this, except ispconfig with some hacking,

oh well that leave me 2 options,
    1. never update ispconfig, and miss the new features and security fixes
    2. update ispconfig and hoping the patch/hack still working on the same files
    ________
    Honda Cr250M History