Purchased SSL

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Alex Hulshof, May 21, 2015.

1. Alex Hulshof

Alex Hulshof Member

Hi,
    build server following: Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) with Apache, PHP, MySQL, PureFTPD, BIND, Postfix, Dovecot and ISPConfig 3.
    I purchased an SSL package for www.example.eu and the installation guide says:
    1. Copy the certificate and CA bundle file to your server, into a directory where you plan to keep your certificates. This is commonly /etc/ssl/.
    2. You will now need to edit the Apache configuration file. The location of this file can vary depending on your distribution (Windows, Debian/CentOS/Fedora/etc. Linux) and the version of Apache you are using. Locate the file and open it in your preferred editor.
    3. Locate the VirtualHost section for the ssl-enabled site you are installing the certificate for. This will commonly begin <VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:443>.
    4. Add the following lines into the VirtualHost section, making sure to change the paths of the files to correspond to the locations of the files on your server.
    Since I don't have the mentioned VirtualHost section I would like to get instructions how to create one.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just copy the ssl cert and the ssl bundle into the ssl cert and ssl bundle field of the website in ispconfig, select save as action an dclick on the save button. No need to edit any files or vhosts.

3. Alex Hulshof

Alex Hulshof Member

Received following files:
    1. AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt
    2. USERTrustRSACertificationAuthority.crt
    3. USERTrustRSADomainValidationSecureServerCA.crt
    4. SERVER1.example.EU.crt
    where should I put what?

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  4. Alex Hulshof

Alex Hulshof Member

Till please help me!