Question about mail address creation

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkBen, Jan 12, 2006.

1. DarkBen

DarkBen New Member

I use ISPConfig and I shall want to know if it is possible to have this kind of mail address :

[email protected]

Thanks for your help and your great work ! ;)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Sure. Just create subdomain.domain.tld under Co-Domains.
    For example, if your website has the FQDNs www.example.com, example.com, subdomain.example.com, and you have a user testuser, then this user automatically has the email addresses [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected].
    Have a look at /etc/postfix/virtusertable, and you'll understand.

3. DarkBen

DarkBen New Member

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, if subdomain.domain.tld and anothersubdomain.domain.tld belong to the same website.

But you can create a website for subdomain.domain.tld and another website for anothersubdomain.domain.tld and have an info@.. account for each of the websites.

5. DarkBen

DarkBen New Member

Ok i tested this case :

One site with www.domain.tld

One site subdomain.domain.tld

Another on anothersubdomain.domain.tld

I created a "test" user for each site.

When i send an email on [email protected], the user [email protected] (created on the www site) receives the message too. On the other hand [email protected] doesn't receive the message, and that is right :)

it means that a user created for the site domain.tld must be different of a user created for the site subdomain.domain.tld

What I made so that that works :

i destroyed domain alias created by default on my subdomain.domain.tld :

195.... ... ... ... domain.tld

Now when i send message to [email protected], the user [email protected] doesn't receive this message.

That is right ?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats right. If you create more then one web for a domain with different hosts, you have to delete co-domain (with empty host) on all additional websites.