quota - mailbox and website

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by warlock, Jul 11, 2016.

1. warlock

warlock Member

Hi,
    Please can someone assists, I have installed a new Debian 8.5 server as per The Perfect Server Debian 8 Jessie
    with the exception that I mounted /var to a separate hard disk. and configured the fstab as follows

Code:
    UUID=f7976567-4a12-4276-b1d0-dfbe7fa9f2c9 /               ext4    errors=remount-ro,usrjquota=quota.user,grpjquota=quota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0       1
    # /var was on /dev/sdd1 during installation
    UUID=655814ae-7a4e-4e26-aa5e-d30b50e46489 /var            ext4    defaults,usrjquota=quota.user,grpjquota=quota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0        0       2
    # swap was on /dev/sdc1 during installation
    UUID=1b4d34e4-295e-42f9-b204-7acd0796d5cd none            swap    sw              0       0
    /dev/sr0        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0

I then imported all the mail domains and mail boxes from an old Ubuntu 10.04 server into the new server this morning using hte ISPConfig 3 mail import tool, and used rsync to copy the /var/vmail/<domain>/<mailbox>/* to /var/vmail/<domain>/<mailbox>/Maildir/*
    I have re run "quotaoff / && quotaoff /var && quotacheck -avugm && quotaon -avug" I have then run
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh

But the Home page/tab of ISPConfig is still not showing any used space ?

Much appreciated.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Email and Website quota ais always separate, the email quota is a virtual quota managed by the imap daemon while the website quota is the Linux harddisk quota, so email sizes will never show up as website space,

3. warlock

warlock Member

Hi Till,
    Thanks for the response, but the ISPConfig dashboard is showing that I am only consuming 1.4kb of mailbox space where I know this mail box has over 50MB and this is for all mailboxes, also from round cube it's reporting 0% used but should report 50%
    How can I check that this is configured or working correctly ?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which imap daemon do you use?

5. warlock

warlock Member

Hey Till,
    I am using dovecot

6. warlock

warlock Member

I don't want to mess with the ISPConfig system, and I would have though the quota's configure for mailboxes in ISPConfig would have carries through ? I have reduced a mailbox quota to less than is consumed and it still allows delivery, Remember I copied the mail from the old server to the new server.

7. warlock

warlock Member

Ok so I managed to resolve it, just deleted all the .quotausage files from all the users
    "find /var/vmail -name .quotausage -delete"
    as soon as the mail box receives a new email the quota is recalculated and the file recreated.

till likes this.