REAL SSL Cert install problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by theduke, Oct 4, 2005.

1. theduke

theduke New Member

Ok i have a real SSL certificate that isn't seeming to install. This is my first time using ISPConfig and it is an awesome piece of work! Good job. I can configure it manually like i used to but i'm not going to touch the config files ISPconfig makes. I copy and pasted the cert into the cert box under the ssl tab but nothing is taking effect! What am i doing wrong here. This is a paid ssl key not an unsigned one.

Any help appriciated,
    Luke

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you selected "Save certificate" in the action dropdown (right below the textarea where you posted the certificate) before you hit save?

3. theduke

theduke New Member

yes i've selected the save certificate.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try to restart your apache webserver.

If this does not help, you can have a look in the directory /home/www/www.yourdomain.com/ssl/ (The path may vary depending on your weboot configuration and domain) There must be a file www.yourdomain.com.crt . Does this file contains the correct SSL certificate you entered in the frontend?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You have to create a certificate first by selecting "Create Certificate" (and filling in all the other fields, thus creating a dummy certificate first) (if your ssl directory is already existant, make a backup of it before).
    Afterwards (you should wait for about 30 seconds...), you can fill in your real certificate and click on "Save Certificate".

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  6. theduke

theduke New Member

Thanks for the help, i just made a dummy cert then copy and pasted the old cert and key into the files it created via ssh.....works fine now

Luke