real ssl certificate w/ ispconfig3? how?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by id10t, Jan 7, 2015.

1. id10t

id10t Member

I'm using ispconfig3 to host 3 domains, all related to eachother. One is used for email and web, the other 2 are web only. I'd like to set up a real CA signed/issued SSL certificate for the postfix/dovecot install that ispconfig uses. So smpt, imap, and pop3 all run over signed ssl.

Can you point me in the right direction? I know I'll have to generate a CSR request and send that file to the CA who will return me a certificate file and I need to have that in the right place w/ proper permissions and possibly some certificate chain information, but I've only done this before for a stand alone apache install.

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No need to edit any files for that. simply paste the ssl cert and and chain cert in the fields on the ssl tab of the website, select save certificate as action and press save. This is also described in detail in the ispconfig manual.

3. id10t

id10t Member

I don't want it for the web (yet) - I want it for mail. Does the web interface do this as well?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

5. id10t

id10t Member

Thanks much! Just as a suggestion next time you are editing the howtos if you could include a note about this with the link that would be great.

Thanks for the help, and the great product