rebuild installation after server crash - tutorial?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by chico11mbit, Sep 16, 2015.

1. chico11mbit

chico11mbit Member

Hi,
    is there a HowTo for the rebuilding of a ispconfig3 server installation after a server crash?

For example, i backup the whole server with archiware p5 to a LTO6-drive. But unfortunately i cannot do a disaster recovery from the scratch with this software.
    I have to install a normal system and then recover the necessarily files from the backup.

I want to know which files i can recover after a fresh installation without problems from a normal ubuntu-linux installation and which files and folders are system files which i should not not overwrite from the backup because of system integrity.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I dont have a tutorial on that topic available.

Does your backup contain the whole server incl applications? In this case I would give it a try to just install a minimal version of the same os and then run a full restore.

If your backup just contains user data and some config files but not the applications, then you should check out some of the threads here in the forum that deal with moving / migrating an ispconfig installation to a new server, these threads contains lists of files that need to be restored.