Receive mail problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cartdev, Mar 3, 2006.

1. cartdev

cartdev New Member

I have a Fedora core 4 (perfect setup) with only ISPConfig. Main sent to any other user is delivered to my account. I've read all the other messages on this topic and do not have any catchall addresses. I have checked and tested in a variety of ways stuff in
    /etc/aliases
    /etc/hosts
    /etc/postfix/virtusertable
    /etc/postfix/local-host-names
    /etc/postfix/main.cf

reloaded postfix, restarted postfix and ISPConfig, ran newaliases, rebooted
    checked hostname

Whatever I do, the same behaviour occurs. Mail sent to any other users comes to me.
    I know that previously I did have it configured wrone, i.e. I had a virtual ISP account for a server that was also the actual hostname. When I remove this using the ISPConfig admin, it stiff shows up in the database and in files like /etc/postfix/local-host-names. Any suggestions appreciated.

Bob

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post an excerpt of your logfile. And you are really sure that your hostname used in the postfix setup ist not the same then the hostname from a virtual host?

3. cartdev

cartdev New Member

Thank Till! I'm sure I'm missing something easy...

If I do not specify the host or domain names, I think Postfix simply assigns the fully-qualified domain name from gethostname() to $myhostname and $mydomain is the same but leaving off the first component. Regardless, I've tried it both ways to same effect.

I think gethostname() uses what's in /etc/hostname and I've changed and tested this by typing hostname at the command line and it all gives the expected results.

The actual machine name is different than any in the ISPConfig UI and the domain name is also unique. However, in the ISPConfig server setup screen, I do name the actual server. There are no virtual servers with this name and I do not see this in the database, as I would expect.

The maillog also doesn't show anything to help and nor does system messages.

It seems the name may be cached somewhere or something from all my testing?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's the username that receives all mail? What's in /etc/postfix/virtusertable and /etc/aliases?