Recommended Server.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by goomba, Dec 17, 2014.

1. goomba

goomba New Member

Good day, new member seeking advice.

Currently we use Centos 6.5 and Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) for hosting, email and database services.

We would like to begin "playing" with this bad boy, but want to do so with a platform that will eventually be rolled out in production.

Which of the above servers is the "generally accepted/recommended" platform? We have reviewed and install on both platforms following the guides here: http://www.ispconfig.org/page/en/documentation.html

The only interesting thing is that the phpmyadmin interface seems odd on Centos. I.E., does not look like the standard interface.

We would prefer Centos as we are most comfortable with it, therefore should we opt to use this platform are there any gotchas or caveats to be aware of.

Thank you for any guidance or suggestions.

Cheers.

2. goomba

goomba New Member

Really, no one has suggestions or advice?

It would be appreciated.

3. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

I would say for production Debian would be best, as its the most stable of all open repo's, but since that's not what you are wanting, i would say Ubuntu as its basted off Debian and if the most fixable for config as far as repo options, plus as a server LTS (long term support) is good for security update over a long time..