redirecting and FTP problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by romz169, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romz169

romz169 New Member

I have followed the ubunto server howto and installed ISPconfig. I am able to connect just fine to the server. But i have created 2 sites and anytime i try to go to one it drops me in /var/www and does not dirrect me to the web# folder it should be. I have checked the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file and both sites have it dirrected to their web# folder. It also lists the shared web in witch it should go to if no site if found. But alas it is not working..

Ftp is also kinda odd. I am able to connect from a linux box at command line but i am not able to connect using any ftp client.

any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

2. romz169

romz169 New Member

ftp problem solved, still having problems with the redirrection

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please explain your redirection problem a bit more. What exactly did you configure and what did not work?

4. romz169

romz169 New Member

ok, I followed the guide on installing unbuntu server and then i installed ispconfig. This all went well and I can log into the server on port 81. I start configuring sites and ispconfig writes them to /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf but when i go to www.yyy.com it drops me into the /var/www folder and i can see the file system structure. i can then navigate to the web5 folder and then to web and it will display the page but does not correctly dirrect me there. Here are snipits from the Vhosts config file.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  5. till

The ISPConfig part is fine so far. Please check your main apache configuration file (httpd.conf, apache.conf or apache2.conf) if the file /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf is included at the end of the file.

6. romz169

romz169 New Member

There is a line at the bottom of the apache2.conf file that says "Include /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhost_ispconfig.conf"

There is nothing listed in the httpd.conf

and there is no apache.conf

7. till

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.