Redirects the domain alias to another site

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Hanz1711, May 7, 2021.

1. Hanz1711

Hanz1711 New Member

Hi,
    I have created an alias smidl.web01.smidlonline.cz for the domain smidl.online. The domain smidl.online is not redirected to my nameservers yet. After loading https://smidl.web01.smidlonline.cz/wp-admin/ I will get the message ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID with another domain name ctyrnohysvet.cz. After clicking that I still want to go to the page, I am redirected to another website - ctyrnohysvet.cz. Where could the problem be?
    ctyrnohysvet.cz.

ctyrnohysvet.cz. is a site created in ispconfig

upload_2021-5-7_10-38-7.png

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Th0m likes this.
  3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is this WPMU? My preference would be to use alias domain with vhost so that each domain / subdomain can have their own LE certs.

But I also read that you can also do the same without vhost i.e. with only one master LE certs which covers up to max 100 domains / subdomains.

I never got the later to work with my nginx web server so I sticked to my preference.

For your problem, I guess you just have to make sure the other domain / subdomain is included in the master domain LE certs so you won't have the said error(s).

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  4. Hanz1711

Hanz1711 New Member

I'm sorry, but even after reading the instructions, I don't know what's wrong. I have three domains registered.
    First domain (DNS to my servers)
    upload_2021-5-7_15-1-36.png

Second domain (DNS to my servers)
    upload_2021-5-7_15-1-54.png

Third domain (DNS is not on my servers)
    upload_2021-5-7_15-2-8.png

Alias (main domain: smidl.online)
    upload_2021-5-7_15-2-23.png

I use Nginx
    Is there any setting that is wrong?
    My goal is to get an alias for a domain that is not yet redirected.

Thank you for your help

Attached Files:

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Add the alias domain to the LE cert. You have disabled that currently. And disable the * subdomain, set it to www. (ISPConfig currently does not support LE wildcard certs)

ahrasis likes this.
  6. Hanz1711

Hanz1711 New Member

It works. Thank you so much for your help.