Regenerate ISPConfig Files

Discussion in 'General' started by jdc32, Mar 10, 2007.

1. jdc32

jdc32 New Member

i changed my /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/proftpd_ispconfig.conf.master, after updating ispconfig to 2.2.11, the proftpd_ispconfig.conf is the old version. how can i regenerate the proftpd_ispconfig.conf file with my proftpd_ispconfig.conf.master?

thanks..

jdc

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Change a setting in one of your websites that has FTP enabled and save it, this should regenrate the file.

3. adriaan

adriaan New Member

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

5. adriaan

adriaan New Member

I have a problem with Postfix virtualusertable, when I add a new adress not al the adresses are added. So old adresses (older than just added) are removed.
    I'd like to regenerate the whole file, now only new adresses are added...

6. till

ISPConfig regenarates always the whole file. If the fle contains old IP addresses, the the old IP addreses are still isted in the ISPConfig server management part or you have still vhosts with the old IP addresses.

7. adriaan

adriaan New Member

?
    Postfix had vhosts?
    I didn't change my IP.

8. adriaan

adriaan New Member

ISPConfig had a small problem with believing itself. I added an extra IP (wich was the same as the origional (the field above)) and switched all of the websites to this extra IP. ISPConfig tought everything was okay and regenerated all the configuration.

9. till

Ok, then you most likely did not select the IP address the first time and clicked on save in EVERY website.

10. adriaan

adriaan New Member

It worked fine all the time?!
    There is a default value so it can't be empty.

11. till

If you do not save the website, the old IP is not overwritten with the new IP even if the new IP is the default.

12. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

ISPConfig always recreates the whole /etc/postfix/virtusertable file. What's in there now, and what addresses are missing there?

13. adriaan

adriaan New Member

I havn't changed the IP since I installed the machine. It's still 10.0.0.2: everything was working untill a few days ago. With this 'tric' it's working...