Reinstall ISPConfig it's possible?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Abdelkarim Mateos, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Abdelkarim Mateos

Abdelkarim Mateos New Member

Hi.

I've a installation of ISPConfig 3 on Centos 7.

After create, test, a verify websites, get a lot of problems with:

Postfix, clamav...
    By clamav I have chosen to uninstall
    Postfix get errors
    Code:
    postfix/error[20995]: warning: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf: table lookup problem
    I see this post and my /etc/pam.d/smtp show:

Code:
    #%PAM-1.0
    auth       include    password-auth
    account    include    password-auth
    On my postfix/main.cfg
    Code:
    virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
    I search on my mysql installation and not see any db for mail system

I think there're some wrong on fresh installations.

It's possible "reinstall" ispconfig with ¡out lost sites?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Uninstalling ClamAV can cause very slow mail delivery and also complete mail delivery failures, so I won't do that if you plan to use the mail system on this servers. Beside that, you will not have any virus protection.

So you don't have a ISPConfig "dbispconfig" database? As that's the database of the mail system and you will not be able to login to ispconfig at all without it.

No. But you cna update ispconfig and choose to reconfigure services.

I installed the current CentOS 7.2 perfect server a few days ago, it works out of the box here and no issues with the mail system, so maybe you just left something out from the setup.

https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...l-php-pureftpd-postfix-dovecot-and-ispconfig/

3. Abdelkarim Mateos

Well. I've reinstalled clamavd.

On my system I've a dbispconfig.
    Also I've configured, one client, one site, one domain for mail.

But on this system get:
    Code:
    Jun 28 12:32:49 kvm471 postfix/proxymap[3377]: warning: connect to mysql server 127.0.0.1: Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: YES)
    Jun 28 12:32:49 kvm471 postfix/trivial-rewrite[3382]: warning: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf: table lookup problem
    Jun 28 12:32:49 kvm471 postfix/trivial-rewrite[3382]: warning: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_transports.cf lookup error for "[email protected]"
    Jun 28 12:32:49 kvm471 postfix/trivial-rewrite[3382]: warning: transport_maps lookup failure
    Jun 28 12:32:49 kvm471 postfix/trivial-rewrite[3382]: warning: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf: table lookup problem
    Jun 28 12:32:49 kvm471 postfix/trivial-rewrite[3382]: warning: virtual_mailbox_domains lookup failure
    Jun 28 12:32:49 kvm471 postfix/smtpd[32348]: warning: connect to mysql server 127.0.0.1: Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: YES)
    Jun 28 12:32:49 kvm471 postfix/smtpd[32348]: warning: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_client.cf: table lookup problem
    How can update? From shell ? From ISpConfig web interface?
    The good thing is I can make a snapshot of vps and try the upgrade,. If something goes wrong go backwards.
    A lot of thanks

4. till

There is a problem with the mysql server installation. Did you change the password of the ispconfig user in mysql? postfix is not able to conect anymore as the password seems to have changed or mysql is stopped and therefore the mail system is down.

Download the ispconfig tar.gz, unpack it, run the update.php script in the install folder and choose to reconfigure services during update.

5. Abdelkarim Mateos

In this case, (change of ispconfig user password in mysql), some file or item on databases has control for this password.
    Where?
    I'm lost. ISPConfig 3 manual (buyed) not speak any about too many questions, such files config, ispconfig's mysql structure.
    Apreciate you help.

6. till

The password is in many files of many services and has never to be changed manually, neither in config files nor mysql, as this will break your setup completely as you see on your server. Just do the update that I suggested with reconfigure services, it will write all config files again.

The ISPConfig manual is a user guide with more than 300 pages, it shows you how to use the ISPConfig interface and which GUI setting has which effect. It is not a developer manual that shows you how to code PHP extensions for ISPConfig or how to changes things that get managed by ispconfig and will break your server when you touch them.

7. Abdelkarim Mateos

A lot of thanks.