Relaying Thru Postfix

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by maxhub, Jun 16, 2006.

1. maxhub

maxhub New Member

Hello
    I used your how to on Fedora core 5 (Good Job by the way:) ) , didnt install ispconfig due to the fact there will only be one domain on this server.

How do i set it up where the email users have to login to send there email thru the server. As it stands right now anyone can relay thru the server from any domain as long as they put in the smtp settings of my server in there email client.

Since i finished the installation using your how to,the only thing i have done is set up postfix to work and that is it then i relized it was wide open to the world for relaying.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  2. davekeogh

davekeogh New Member

You'd have to set up something akin to smtp auth. I haven't looked at the howto in question cause i use SuSE. you can check this out: http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html
    see if its any help.
    That would be a good idea for a howto!

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

4. maxhub

maxhub New Member

Falko
    I know how to add users to the system i want my user to have to login to send mail using my server requires authentication to send mail.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you have followed the PErfect Setup, your Postfix is configured for SMTP-AUTH. All you have to do now is create users, and then your users must enable "Server requires authentication." in their email clients.