Remoting : Adding a site (ISPConfig + TheHostingTool Integration)

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by jmontoya, Jun 14, 2010.

1. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

Stalled?

Seems that bnpanel has not received updates since semptember 2010. Hope this is not another short-stick project :)

ispcomm

2. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

I never got past the install on this anyway. Keeps saying my sql details are incorrect when they're obviously not.

3. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

Well this could be an issue with your setup... check logs etc.
    I have a running setup for debugging purposes. it may never go in production at our site but for a small operation hoster should be more than enough.

ispcomm

4. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Could be but I doubt it. There is nothing in any of the logs. Many different scripts have been installed into the same system using the same mysql credentials without any issues. If I get time I'll try to see where the code is hanging on the install.

5. jwarnier

jwarnier New Member

Well, we (BeezNest) are having troubles at the moment, and needed to focus on other projects.
    We would have preferred to work in THT upstream, but their focus/planning, etc... were not matching ours (even for security), so we forked and noticeably divaricated.
    Though, the source code is there, so feel free to merge back to THT or contribute to BNpanel, the license allows it.
    Feel free to report any problems with it too.

May I add that it works for us (we are not using it in production however), but we did not install from scratch from some time.

6. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

It is very sad that you know your position.

In all honesty THT feels so amateurish that I understand your decision to fork. This is why I tried to help with the additions that I was missing (I did the same for ispconfig). Unfortunately it takes some critical mass for an open source project to survive.

Lets hope for the best.

ispcomm.

7. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

Sorry if I sound a little harsh... but you didn't try hard enough. If you stopped at the credentials there are many things that could be wrong and not all of them will show in the logs, unless you enable that type of logging....

I can assure you that bn works (also tht) perhaps not out of the box, but well within the reach of the average system administrator.

ispcomm

8. stephan1024

stephan1024 New Member

THT plugin for ISPConfig 3

Is there any feedback on how far you got integrating the 2, and what the benefits thereof is. Mind sharing you're work?

Cheers

9. jwarnier

jwarnier New Member

I guess you already know that we actually forked THT, and the result is BNPanel, which is hosted on Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/bnpanel/
    Our goal is not to maintain it separate from THT, but our planning constraints and serious security concerns forced us to fork.

Alas, we did not carefully preserve atomicity of the commits, so security fixes are difficult to extract from our changes.
    Any help to merge back from BNPanel to THT as much as possible of it would be welcome.

10. stephan1024

stephan1024 New Member

Hi There, Thanks for the reply!
    Got it installed, and seems to connect.
    Please send me a PM need to get some help testing integration.

Thanks

11. otacon

otacon New Member

I have uploaded bnpanel into my testing area and went through the normal installation. After the installation I see many errors... maybe I installed it incorrectly?

Any instructions out there. Otherwise if this is how it is suppose to be I will start fixing the issues.

12. stephan1024

stephan1024 New Member

Some things i had to do.
    - Manually go set page url again after install, under general settings.
    - Disable Open Base dir restrictions by inserting none in ispconfig
    - Site suexec and fast-CGI
    Also just installed it first time 2 days ago. Still figuring things out.

Good Luck