Removing webinterface from secondary node

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by NdK, Apr 13, 2016.

1. NdK

NdK Member

Hello all.
    I have a couple of servers using ISPConfig 3 installed quite some time ago.
    But the slave one got installed with the web interface enabled, and IIUC it's bad.
    If it's still true that if the secondary gets used to modify something the master goes out of sync, how do I remove the web interface from it?
    Tks.
    PS: is it planned a mode that allows redundancy, so that if the master dies it remains possible to use the secondary for everything not directly impacting the master? Like creating a new client, or a new website on the secondary server.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

To remove the web interface, just delete the ispconfig vhost symlink in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ and restart apache.

This exists from the beginning, its just a matter of the correct setup. see this guide as an example: https://www.howtoforge.com/installi...tabase-cluster-on-debian-6.0-with-ispconfig-3

NdK likes this.
  3. NdK

NdK Member

Tks. Thought it required some more work.

For MySQL clustering, I still have doubts, but I'll have to setup a test environment... Too dangerous to do that kind of changes in a production environment. :)

4. NdK

NdK Member

Uh, forgot.
    Given a MySql (or MariaDB/Galera) cluster (and eventually a shared storage) is it possible to have two active ISPConfig instances (like in Proxmox, where I can connect indifferently to any node to administer everything)?
    I'm aiming at no single point of failure even when I need to put a node down for mainenance (say a major SO upgrade).

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Sure, see mirror tutorial at ispconfig.org documentation page.