REQ: Start/Stop Script for ISPC and other services

Discussion in 'Programming/Scripts' started by domino, Nov 21, 2005.

1. domino

domino New Member

Can someone please show me how to create a run and stop script for ISPConfig on my sandbox? I have it running on one of my computers for testing purposes and I don't use it very often. What is required is to start and stop ISPConfig services and all services that is installed with the how-to. I'm running Ubuntu Breezy.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

There's already an ISPConfig init script: /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server

3. domino

domino New Member

:eek: Excuse me while I go hide in shame. Thank you

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

5. domino

domino New Member

Thanks till. As punishment, I won't post another stupid question for another month. So see you next year :)

EDIT: Wait, please tell me how to create a link to the command on the desktop. 1 link for Stop ISPConfig services and 1 for Start ISPConfig services. Also, can you please tell me how I'm able to add other services like apache2 and mySQL, which I think run independent from ISPConfig.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  6. falko

I think you can do it in your desktop's control center. But these scripts have to be run as root!

7. domino

domino New Member

You can set "Run as Root" to the shorcut to gain access in user mode. What pkg are you referring to when you say "desktop's contol center"? The only other say I can enable/disable the services is to run sysv-rc-conf. But I would prefer a "1-click does it all thing". Is it possible?

8. falko

Must be somewhere under "System" on your Ubuntu desktop. I don't have Ubuntu installed right now...

9. domino

domino New Member

There are where I have to go in order to toggle the services :(. I wish there was another way to do this other than having to open 3 application to turn on/off 9 services :(

Boot-Up Manager: Bind, IMAP, CLamAV
    Services Setting: MySQL, ProFTPD, Postfix, SSH, Apache2
    Terminal: ISPConfig

10. falko

Can't you simply right-click on the desktop and create a new shortcut icon and specify a command to run?

11. domino

domino New Member

For ISPConfig I can, but for the rest, i'm pretty sure I can so long as I know what I'm doing. Unfortunately... I'll live with it.

12. falko

Have a look into your /etc/init.d folder to find out the names of the init scripts.