Reset ISPConfig Data? How?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by crichton, Sep 22, 2005.

1. crichton

crichton New Member

Hello!

I`m quite a Linux Noob and tryed to install ISPConfig on my newly Server. So everything went well. I tryed a bit wth the possibilitys and now i`m quite safe in using so i wanted to try for real.

But how can i reset the Database so that i start with user1 again. I deleted the users i made before but im still at web17 when i do a new user. Is there a Database where all the useres are stored? What do i have to delete to reset ISPConfig to zero users?

Thank you for your help!

crichton

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The id sequence numbers are generated by mySQL internally.

If you want to reset your system completely i recommend to remove ISPConfig by running the /root/uninstall script and then install ISPConfig again.

Another way might be to dump the mySQL database to sql statements, delete / reset the sequences and reimport the DB. You should go this way only if you are familar with SQL and know what you are doing :)

3. crichton

crichton New Member

Ow, no i dont want to go trhough this one more time. Than i live with web17 :(
    But thanks for your help :)

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

It's not worth all the trouble just for the benefit of start counting at 1 again.
    BTW, if you have bigger numbers you seem to be bigger and more professional to the outside world... :D