REST API docs

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by tom123, Oct 8, 2016.

1. tom123

tom123 Member

Where could I find the REST api docs? I've seen that 3.1 has support for REST api but i've not found any docs.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are no REST specific docs yet. The function calls are the same than the ones described in the remote api docs.

3. tom123

tom123 Member

SOAP works differently from REST.
    In a REST API, the URI endpoint are mandatory. Without knowing the URI endpoints, is not possible to develop a REST client.

4. till

5. tom123

tom123 Member

6. till

Feel free to add a .htaccess file if you want to have different looking endpoints for each function *lol*

7. tom123

tom123 Member

With this response you confirmed that you doesn't know what RESTFul is.

Ok, good to know, but please don't call REST what REST isn't. Is something like calling "apple" a "pear" only because even the apples are yellow.

8. till

I know what REST API is, all I see is that you don't get it that the above API has a dedicated URL endpoint for each function, we just did not add a .htaccess with a rewrite rule that rewrites an incoming /json/FUNCTIONNAME request to json.php?FUNCTIONNAME internally. If you feel that the form of the URL is so important for you, then feel free to add a .htaccess to rewrite it on your server and if you don't like it, don't use it.