Restore a Backup

Discussion in 'General' started by tal56, Nov 5, 2007.

1. tal56

tal56 Member

For some reason I've done some searching and can't seem to find this, but how do you restore a backup? and what access do you need to do this?

Can a Client do this, or reseller or only admins? Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Wich backup do you mean?

The backups that can be made with the backup option under tools are just .zip files with the content of the clients website. To restore it, unpack the .zip file and upload it with a FTP client to the website again.

3. tal56

tal56 Member

Yes, that is what I meant. Thanks Till.

Can I as if there will ever be the feature in 2, or maybe in v3 to actually do the restore automatically? I mean through ispconfig, instead of having to ftp the files? It's just if you ftp the files using a windows client, it can change some permissions to the files.

Also, will there be a option to backup like a whole client/domain including settings and databases? So if you restore that file, it will actually recreate a domain with all the old settings and database etc? This would be very useful for transfering domains to other servers as well.

Thanks.

4. till

Maybe. If you want to see this in future versions, you should post a feature request in the feature requests forum :)

5. tal56

tal56 Member

I guess I will do that :) Thanks Till.

6. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

How to restore an ispconfig backup. The ones made after an update?
    cd/var/backup

7. till

You are posting here in a thread from 2007 about the software ISPConfig 2. ISPConfig 2 is a completely different software than ISPConfig 3. Are you really sure that you use ISPConfig 2?