Restore Firewall Settings on ISPC Upgrade

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Hawker, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Hawker

Hawker New Member

I thought all went well with the upgrade to 2.2.12 until I saw blocked IPs appearing in my security logs.

Would it be possible to check for the existence of /etc/Bastille/firewall.d and if it exists copy the contents during an upgrade?

Thank God you already make a backup first.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'm not sure if this isn't already done?

3. Hawker

Hawker New Member

I double checked the install script. The /etc/Bastille directory is backed up in it's entirety but the /etc/Bastille/firewall.d directory is not recreated or copied when the upgrade is complete.

Code:
    if(is_dir("/etc/Bastille")) caselog("mv -f /etc/Bastille /etc/Bastille.backup_".date("m_d_Y__H_i_s", $current_date), $FILE, __LINE__);
      @mkdir("/etc/Bastille", octdec($directory_mode));
      caselog("cp -f isp/conf/bastille-firewall.cfg.master /etc/Bastille/bastille-firewall.cfg", $FILE, __LINE__);
      caselog("chmod 644 /etc/Bastille/bastille-firewall.cfg", $FILE, __LINE__);
      $conf = rf("/etc/Bastille/bastille-firewall.cfg");
      $conf = str_replace("{DNS_SERVERS}", "", $conf);

$tcp_public_services = '';
      $udp_public_services = '';
      if($conn = mysql_query("SELECT dienst_port, dienst_typ FROM isp_firewall WHERE dienst_aktiv = 'ja'")){
        while($row = mysql_fetch_array($conn)){
          if($row['dienst_typ'] == 'tcp') $tcp_public_services .= $row['dienst_port'].' ';
          if($row['dienst_typ'] == 'udp') $udp_public_services .= $row['dienst_port'].' ';
        }
        $tcp_public_services = trim($tcp_public_services);
        $udp_public_services = trim($udp_public_services);
      } else {
        $tcp_public_services = '21 22 25 53 80 81 110 443 10000';
        $udp_public_services = '53';
      }
      $conf = str_replace("{TCP_PUBLIC_SERVICES}", $tcp_public_services, $conf);
      $conf = str_replace("{UDP_PUBLIC_SERVICES}", $udp_public_services, $conf);

wf("/etc/Bastille/bastille-firewall.cfg", $conf);
    Perhaps this would work inserted after the last line shown...

Code:
      if(is_dir("/etc/Bastille.backup_".date("m_d_Y__H_i_s", $current_date)."/firewall.d") {
      @mkdir("/etc/Bastille/firewall.d", octdec($directory_mode));
      caselog("cp -f /etc/Bastille.backup_".date("m_d_Y__H_i_s", $current_date)."/firewall.d/post-rule-setup.sh /etc/Bastille/firewall.d/post-rule-setup.sh", $FILE, __LINE__);
      caselog("chmod 644 /etc/Bastille/firewall.d/post-rule-setup.sh", $FILE, __LINE__);
      }

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  4. falko

I've added this to our bug tracker.

5. Hawker

Hawker New Member

Have you ever been doing something totally unrelated to ISPC and suddenly had something come to mind that could be a problem for ISPC? Well I just did...

If you use my solution above, this should be place in a variable...
    Code:
    date("m_d_Y__H_i_s", $current_date)
    Such as...
    Code:
    $backup_date == date("m_d_Y__H_i_s", $current_date);
    Changing the code sections to...
    Code:
    $backup_date == date("m_d_Y__H_i_s", $current_date);
    if(is_dir("/etc/Bastille")) caselog("mv -f /etc/Bastille /etc/Bastille.backup_".$backup_date, $FILE, __LINE__);
      @mkdir("/etc/Bastille", octdec($directory_mode));
    Code:
    if(is_dir("/etc/Bastille.backup_".$backup_date."/firewall.d") {
      @mkdir("/etc/Bastille/firewall.d", octdec($directory_mode));
      caselog("cp -f /etc/Bastille.backup_".$backup_date."/firewall.d/post-rule-setup.sh /etc/Bastille/firewall.d/post-rule-setup.sh", $FILE, __LINE__);
      caselog("chmod 644 /etc/Bastille/firewall.d/post-rule-setup.sh", $FILE, __LINE__);
      }
    Otherwise if a user begins this part of the code at 23:59:59:XX it is possible that the current date will change and the part of the code to copy the directory will fail.

6. falko

I've just added this to the SVN repository, so it will be in the next update. :)