Restriction to SubDomains

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by DiOmega, Feb 26, 2006.

1. DiOmega

DiOmega New Member

Hi,

is it possible to restrict the right of a customer to create subdomains but not to create other domains?

Example:
    Customer a should have the right to create "www.customer-a.de" and "www2.customer-a.de" but not to create "www.customer-b.de".

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, ispconfig makes no difference between subdomains and other domains as co-domain.

3. DiOmega

DiOmega New Member

Is it possible to disable the complete domainconfiguration for the costumers?

What happens if costumer a configures his web with a domain of costomer b?

4. till

Yes. Use the domain limit for that.

He gets an "domain already exist error" if the domain has been already created by another customer.

5. DiOmega

DiOmega New Member

Thank you for your Assistance.

I found some Problems doing this. If i try to lower the Domainlimit of an existing Web to the actual count of Domains it does not allways work. Often i get a Error telling me that there exist 1 or 0 Domain in this Web and i cant lower the max Domaincount. (These Error is wrong because there a allways 4 Domsains in the Web.) The max. Domaincount after the error is allways actuall Domaincount+1.

If I try to disable to Domainsystem with an max Domaincount of 0 it is accepted after the first change of the Web I got the Error descriped before and the max Domaincount is automatically set to 2.

6. till

The error messages are all correct. The domaincount is the number of co-domains plus the main domain of the website.

If you want to have an website:

www.example.com with the co-domain example.com, the number of domains is 2.

7. DiOmega

DiOmega New Member

There a 1 Domain and 3 CoDomains on the Web if i try to lower the max to 4 it sometimes works and somtimes the Error tells me there is 0 or 1 Domain on the Web and i can't lower the max. Domaincount. After the Error the Domaincount is 5.

You tell me i can use the domain limit for disabeling the complete domainconfiguration for the costumers. How can i do these? Entering a Limit of 0 doesnt't work as described before.

8. till

Check your recycle bin.

When you set the number of domains to the number that actually exists the user is not able to assign more domains.

9. DiOmega

DiOmega New Member

That works. Thank You.

All Elements in the recycle bin belongs too other webs. :confused: