reverse-proxy to another server

Discussion in 'General' started by Dameats1, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Dameats1

Dameats1 New Member

Good day everyone ,

I have a perfectly running server with Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS (Bionic Beaver)) ISPConfig 3.2.5 , NGINX. ( I do this as a hobbie )
    I wanted to try and learn some docker and traefik , so i set up a second machine at home . Soon enough i discovered that i cannot have two ports 80s or 443 open to two machines through the same router .
    My first idea was to use traefik2 in the new machine to pass the request to my ispconfig server . I have tried everything and have not been possible . I even asked here and got no answer.
    https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/traefik-to-a-isp-config-server.87933/
    Today i had the brilliant idea that worked as the Copernican revolution , why instead of routing from traefik to isp config dont I route from isp config to traefik .
    Is there anyway to do this ? i thought it might be trough the dns ? just creating one an pointing to my ip 192.168.0.183 .

any help is greatly appreciated .

Thank you

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I watched that thread but I did not reply in there simply because I not using Traefik but NPM (Nginx Proxy Manager) which is easy to setup and manage via its web page.

I guess the idea is the same since I also running multiple servers behind a router but I found Traefik is too technical to me may be because I am not well versed in docker.

If you need help with NPM instead, I can check my notes but it's really simple to setup and manage though.