RHEL7.3 + rh-php56 PHP-FPM - Problem installing ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by diablo, Dec 31, 2016.

1. diablo

diablo New Member

Hi All,
    I've deployed a RHEL7.3 server, and used the Software Collections for PHP, not the stock RHEL packages. I do use the stock Apache httpd server. I've used the pristine source for the phpMyAdmin, all working good. But, I've hit a problem with the ISPConfig3. Once I use the PHP installer file it appears it doesn't use the PHP-FPM by default.

I'm confused why ISPConfig3 is not detecting and using the PHP-FPM by default. Is this because I'm using the rh-php56-php-fpm-5.6.25-1.el7.x86_64 package, and this is located in /etc/opt/rh/rh-php56 ?

If so, is there a way I can adapt the installer to acknowledge it please?

Many thanks in advance, and have a good new years eve!

Diablo

2. diablo

diablo New Member

Terribly sorry, wrong location... I know.. trying to delete.. could an admin delete this please.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes. ISPConfig expects the PHP in the default location of the system. What you can try is that you create symlinks from the original locations for php config folders and binaries to your custom install in /opt

4. diablo

diablo New Member

Hi Till,
    Thanks for the reply. Actually I ended up with a cleaner approach, which was to install stock RH PHP 5.4 for the core ISPConfig3, and then add RH-SCL PHP 5.6 and 7.0 and use the "Additional PHP Versions" section of the interface to make them available. What I would be interested in knowing is how I can utilise UNIX sockets rather than TCP please (Where would I configure ISPConfig to use this?. I know where to configure it in the FPM).

Thanks in advance !

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Under the website Options tab, there is a checkbox 'Use Socket For PHP-FPM'.

6. diablo

diablo New Member

Cheers Jesse, i'll take a look shortly at that.