Root problem??

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Jeremy007, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Jeremy007

Jeremy007 Member

Hello Friends,

As of recent i am experiencing a problem. When i add a site, it seems that the root of the site is now no longer "root /var/www/clients/client1/web21/web" but "root /var/www/clients/client1/sub.domain.host.com/web' in the NGINX config file. It is now causing problems with the site because if i change it manually it reverts back to the latter.

Both directories exist so when the site loads, it load the default "index" files from the incorrect directory instead of the proper files.

Anyone else also experiencing this problem?

Thank you in advance to any that responds.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Each site has a path /var/www/clients/client1/sub.domain.host.com/web and /var/www/clients/client1/web21/web while /var/www/clients/client1/sub.domain.host.com/web is a symlink to /var/www/clients/client1/web21/web which means both paths are the same and contain the same files.

3. Jeremy007

Jeremy007 Member

Exactly, /var/www/clients/client1/sub.domain.host.com/ is a symlink but it is not behaving in that manner, they have different contents.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then the link must point to a wrong folder, delete the link and replace it with a link to the correct location.

5. Jeremy007

Jeremy007 Member

I did it, it works. I hope this stays good and doesn't revert back by regeneration of some sort. Thank you for the guidance till!